The series will commence in 2010 and be held in Australia with New Zealand hosting the return clash in 2012.After reinvigorating the international calendar with successful Youth and Open Trans Tasman clashes, the Masters Trans Tasman Test Series assists in completing the player pathway for both nations.Colm Maguire, Chief Executive Officer of TFA commented, “The series will mark 25 years of Trans Tasman competition and there will be a heritage theme throughout the event”.Joe Sprangers, Chief Executive Officer of TNZ said, “The series will enable our senior athletes to represent New Zealand in what is the pinnacle in Touch, playing against Australia in Trans Tasman competition”.Colm Maguire added, “Our Youth and Open teams have had the privilege of playing against New Zealand recently and the Masters series provides a valuable reward to our senior athletes to do the same”.It is anticipated that the following divisions will be offered:* Male Divisions: Men’s 30’s, Men’s 35’s, Men’s 40’s, Men’s 45’s and Men’s 50’s* Female Divisions: Women’s 30’s, Women’s 35’s and Women’s 40’s* Mixed Division: Senior Mixed (Women’s 30’s and Men’s 30’s)Selection processes for both nations will occur at their respective national events in March.The sport of Touch continues to flourish on the international scene and the third installment of the Trans Tasman will provide an avenue for all players to strive for, regardless of age.Dates and venue of the competition will be confirmed in the coming month.More information will be provided in due course, but if you have any enquiries, do not hesitate to contact your respective national sporting organisation.Related Filestrans_tasman_-_media_release-pdf
Monaco boss Henry: I talk to Fabregas every two, three daysby Ansser Sadiq10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveMonaco boss Thierry Henry has admitted that he would be interested in Cesc Fabregas.It has been suggested in the British and French press that Fabregas is set to leave Chelsea, with a multi-year deal with Monaco touted as the most likely option.And the French club’s manager, who only took over the job earlier this season, would like to have Fabregas in his team.But he has not given any indication that a deal is set to be completed.”You saw like me, there was a standing ovation, tears,” Henry said of Fabregas to reporters. “Since I left Arsenal we talk every two or three days. It hasn’t changed in the last few days. He’s a player that interests all clubs.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your say
ST. ALBERT, Alta. – The Alberta government entity tasked with regulating cannabis has signed supply deals with 13 licensed producers, including Aurora Cannabis and Canopy Growth Corp., as it gears up for legal recreational pot in October.The Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Commission says it chose the producers from a list of 31 marijuana producers who expressed interest.All but two of the 13 marijuana companies chosen are based in Ontario, including Aphria Inc., the Tragically Hip-backed UP Cannabis Inc., and MedReleaf Corp.Edmonton-based Aurora Cannabis, which has three facilities in Alberta, is the only licensed producer based in the province. The ALGC also signed a deal with New Brunswick-based Organigram.The commission says it will continue to engage additional marijuana producers, specifically those based in Alberta, as they become federally licensed.When legal, consumers will be able to buy pot from the ALGC online for home delivery, as well as from private retailers that receive the appropriate licenses from the province.Companies in this story: (TSX:ACB, TSX:WEED, TSX:APH, TSX:LEAF, TSXV:OGI)
PLYMOUTH TOWNSHIP, Mich. — In a renovated old cash register factory in suburban Detroit, 300 engineers are toiling away on an all-electric pickup truck and an SUV that they hope can take on Tesla.All of them work for Rivian, which on Monday will unveil the two vehicles ahead of the Los Angeles Auto Show. It is among a growing line of startups and established automakers looking to enter the fully electric vehicle market.The influx of vehicles that run solely on batteries almost certainly will pull buyers from the current leader, Tesla, which likely will deliver over 300,000 vehicles worldwide this year.Established automakers such as Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Jaguar-Land Rover, Volkswagen, Hyundai, General Motors, Ford and even vacuum cleaner maker Dyson have promised to roll out new electrics in the next few years.Tom Krisher, The Associated Press
SAN FRANCISCO — General Motors’ No. 2 executive is moving from Motor City to Silicon Valley to run the automaker’s self-driving car operations as it attempts to cash in on its bet that robotic vehicles will transform transportation.GM President Dan Ammann will become CEO of the company’s Cruise Automation subsidiary at the beginning of next year. He will replace Cruise co-founder Kyle Vogt, who will become chief technology officer.The transition announced Thursday comes as Cruise gears up to up introduce a ride-hailing service deploying its driverless technology in GM’s Chevy Bolt next year. The service is supposed to debut at some point next year in a major U.S. city, with Cruise’s home city of San Francisco considered to be among the top candidates.Cruise and GM have steadfastly declined to provide further details about the ride-hailing service, which is expected to be the second in the U.S. to rely on fully autonomous vehicles that won’t have a human behind the steering wheel to take control if the technology goes awry. Google spinoff Waymo has promised to launch a ride-hailing service with driverless vans in the Phoenix area within the next few weeks.GM’s decision to put one of its top executives in charge of Cruise provides further validation of a 5-year-old startup that has ballooned from 40 workers to more than 1,000 employees since the Detroit automaker bought it for $1 billion in 2016.But the change in command could pose cultural challenges if Ammann’s arrival as CEO signals that GM — a 110-year-old company with $146 billion in annual revenue — will be exerting more control over Cruise, whose engineers have enjoyed relatively free rein so far.In a joint interview with The Associated Press, however, both Ammann and Vogt depicted the move as a natural evolution.Vogt already had been answering to Ammann since the GM executive engineered the Cruise acquisition. So both men predicted their relationship won’t change dramatically, except that Ammann will now be in San Francisco and no longer have his attention diverted by his responsibilities as GM’s president. The GM global and financial divisions that currently report to Ammann will be overseen by CEO Mary Barra beginning next year.“The simplest way I can put it is I am joining (Cruise) full time, and committing myself to this entirely because of what has been built here, and not to change what has been built,” Ammann said.Nevertheless, Vogt, 33, is being supplanted as CEO — a change that often has culminated in other founders of Silicon Valley startups to leave within a year or two of being replaced. Vogt, who studied robotics at MIT, all but guaranteed that won’t happen because his new role will enable him to focus more intensively on the self-driving car technology that he believes will create more convenient and safer ways for people to get around.“This is already the coolest job for anyone with a background like me,” Vogt said. “I am dead set on finishing what we have started here. And I am not done until millions of people have access to this technology and can reap the benefits.”Ammann, 46, knows his way around finance. His resume includes a stint as an investment banker at Morgan Stanley and as GM’s former chief financial officer before being promoted to president in 2014. He joined GM in 2010 as its treasurer to help lead the company’s initial public offering of stock later that year. His role in that IPO is likely to fan speculation that GM eventually will spin off Cruise, which is currently valued at $14.6 billion after getting investments from Japanese technology conglomerate SoftBank and Honda earlier this year.As part of its agreement to buy a 20 per cent stake in Cruise for $2.25 billion, SoftBank can swap its holdings for GM shares if Cruise isn’t spun off in seven years.Ammann declined to discuss a possible spinoff of Cruise.Vogt believes it would be a mistake to view Cruise’s incoming CEO as a bean counter.Ammann “can actually hold his own and absorb complex engineering topics as good as our best engineers and more importantly knows the tough questions to ask at the right time,” Vogt said.Michael Liedtke, The Associated Press
“Several of the cars were leaking but the product has been contained and has not entered the Assiniboine River,” Jonathan Abecassis said in an email.Abecassis said CN’s environmental experts have begun the cleanup.Transportation Safety Board spokesman Alex Fournier said investigators from the board spent Sunday at the site, but he didn’t have information about the quantity of the spill either.He said he expected further information would be available on Monday.Barry Lowes, reeve of the Rural Municipality of Ellice-Archie, Man., which surrounds St-Lazare, said Saturday that “quite a bit” of oil had spilled and there was a foul smell in the area.CN said no one was injured in the derailment and there was no fire reported. The Manitoba government said in an email Sunday that a number of provincial agencies were responding to the derailment, but that CN is leading the cleanup.“While 37 cars have derailed, not all of them are leaking. There is no risk of contamination to the Assiniboine River,” the government email said.CN said the derailment is still under investigation. ST-LAZARE, Man. – Canadian National Railway says it doesn’t yet know how much oil leaked from a derailment in western Manitoba, but it says trains are now running on the line again.The railway said Saturday there was “a partial leak” of crude south of St. Lazare, Man., but it was contained and none had reached a nearby river.When asked on Sunday about how much oil spilled, and how many of the 37 cars that derailed on Saturday leaked, a CN spokesman said it’s “still being assessed.
7. Mayor’s Citizen of the Year – Recognizes an individual that has achieved positive notoriety outside our community for their actions, recognized as a leader or role model by their peers, or has won international, national, or provincial titles or awards for their efforts.Nominations packages can be picked up at City Hall, the Pomeroy Sport Centre and North Peace Leisure Pool, or completed through an online survey.For more information on the Community Awards, you can visit the City’s website.The Community Awards Gala will be hosted on April 11, 2019, at the Lido Theatre. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The nomination deadline for the 2019 Community Awards has been extended until March 20 at 4:00 p.m.The original deadline for nominations was set to be March 8 but was extended in order to allow for more nominations.Nominations can be chosen from seven categories as a way to recognize residents and the contributions they make to the community. This is an opportunity for the City to honour these people. 1. Cultural Award – Recognizes an individual or a group for their volunteer efforts in historical, visual, performing, or literary arts.2. Recreation Award – Awarded to an individual or a group for their volunteer efforts in thepromotion, organization, support, and/or motivation of sports, recreation, and leisure pursuits including healthy and active living.3. Literacy Award – Presented to an individual or group that has made an outstanding contribution towards promoting in areas including literacy, language, multiculturalism, and community issues in Fort St. John.4. Humanitarian Award – Recognizes an individual or a group of volunteers whose actions,commitment, volunteer leadership, service, and community spirit have made a difference in the lives of those in the community.5. Youth Award – Awarded to an individual under the age of 19 who has made a positive contribution to the community on a volunteer basis.6. Lifetime Achievement Award – Acknowledges an individual’s remarkable contribution anddedication to the community.
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation on Monday arrested an Assistant Sub-Inspector of the Delhi Police for accepting a Rs 40,000 bribe in exchange for a favour, officials here said. ASI Babita, posted at the Nabi Karim police station in the Central district was caught red-handed in a covert operation by CBI sleuths near the Tees Hazari Courts. The accused was the investigating officer on record for a case registered against the complainant’ brother. Also Read – More good air days in Delhi due to Centre’s steps: JavadekarAccording to the complainant, Babita was allegedly demanding Rs 50,000 in exchange for settling the case. When the complainant realised that he didn’t want to pay the bribe amount, he went to the probe agency with his woes. The CBI also conducted searches at the residential premises of the accused. This arrest comes days after the CBI registered a case against another ASI of the Delhi Police. Bhopal Singh was posted at Shakarpur police station and in a similar case had allegedly demanded Rs 3 lakh in bribe for settling a case against the complainant, where Singh was the IO on record.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic did not fullfil his potential in Manchester United and coach José Mourinho is sad that he is leaving nowThe one and only Zlatan Ibrahimovic is off to LA Galaxy after a spell at Manchester United.After his big injury last year Zlatan never really got his mojo back and he left for the US and LA Galaxy. And that´s not amusing his now former manager José Mourinho:“For me it’s always sad when the big players go in the direction of the end,” he told a news conference on Friday.Maguire says United need to build on today’s win George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Harry Maguire wants his United teammates to build on the victory over Leicester City.During the summer, Harry Maguire was referred to as the ultimate…“I remember for example Figo, last match with me and with Inter, and I always remember as one of my saddest moments because I always feel very, very sorry when the big ones finish or go to the last period of their careers.”“Zlatan’s goodbye moment was more in that direction, he’s a huge, big player that topped football. European football is losing now and forever because he will not be back to this level of football.”“But fantastic for him in this period. It will be just a way for him to enjoy the last couple of years of his football,” he said according to ESPN.
RB Salzburg midfielder Amadou Haidara believes that they can pull off another stunning comeback against Marseille as they look to overcome a 2-0 deficit to reach the Europa League finalThe Austrian side lost the first leg of their semi-final clash to Marseille 2-0 at the Stade Velodrome last week with Dimitri Payet assisting both Florian Thauvin and Clinton Njie to give the Ligue 1 side the advantage for the return leg.While the Olympians are now the strong favourites to progress to the final, Salzburg did overturn a similar deficit in the previous round at their Red Bull Arena against Lazio by scoring three goals in the space of 247 seconds to overcome a 4-2 deficit from the first leg into a 6-5 aggregate winMarseille needing to replace Florian Thauvin Taimoor Khan – September 12, 2019 Florian Thauvin is out of action due to an ankle injury which means that Olympique de Marseille have to quickly seek a solution. It’s…“We put in a very good performance in the (semi-final) first leg. We were lacking a bit of luck, unfortunately, and we didn’t get the away goal we wanted,” said Haidara, according to FootballParadise.“We need to make up for that at home, and we need a performance like we had at home against Lazio. It will be very difficult, but it’s doable.”The winner of the tie will progress to the Europa League final in Lyon where they will play either Atletico Madrid or Arsenal on May 16.