Promoted ContentTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldTop Tastiest Foods From All Over The World5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?7 Non-Obvious Things That Damage Your Phone5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?Did You Know There’s A Black Hole In The Milky Way?8 Things That Will Happen If An Asteroid Hits EarthA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Day8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth7 Netflix Shows Cancelled Because They Don’t Get The Ratings Sanchez has been in fine form since Serie A returnedTorino, in 15th, moved eight points clear of the drop zone with a 3-0 win over relegation rivals Genoa.Brazilian Bremer rose highest to nod in for the hosts after half an hour. Loading… Read Also: BREAKING: Real Madrid beat Villarreal to win 34th La Liga titleAndrea Belotti set up Serbian substitute Sasa Lukic to fire in his first goal this season with 14 minutes left, with the Torino captain then scoring himself.Genoa are hovering one point above Lecce, who occupy the final relegation place, with the two teams meeting on Sunday.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Former Manchester United and Arsenal forward Sanchez teed up Antonio Candreva for the opener eight minutes before the break in Emilia-Romagna. Cristiano Biraghi added a second on 55 minutes and then crossed for Sanchez to head in on the hour mark. Ashley Young picked out Roberto Gagliardini to tap in a fourth with 16 minutes to go. Luigi Di Biagio’s SPAL are bottom of the table, 11 points from safety, with a return to Serie B looming. Alexis Sanchez scored and set up another goal as Inter Milan moved second in Serie A, six points behind leaders Juventus, on Thursday night with a 4-0 win which pushed bottom club SPAL closer to relegation. Antonio Conte’s side revived their title challenge, taking advantage of defending champions Juventus’ draw with Sassuolo on Wednesday, with Atalanta a further point adrift in third with five games left to play. Juventus have taken just two points in their last three matches, but have the advantage of a superior head-to-head record over Inter. Maurizio Sarri’s champions next play fourth-placed Lazio, still only eight points off the pace themselves, while Inter take on fifth-placed Roma this weekend. Inter are bidding for their first Scudetto since winning the treble in 2010 under Jose Mourinho.Advertisement
Sir Alex Ferguson has once again restated his backing for the Glazer family ownership of Manchester United. “You would be throwing your money down the drain if you put any money on me coming back as a manager. “United are in good hands with David Moyes. He will be fine. He’s a good manager. “I made my decision. The timing was perfect. There is no way back for me now. I’ve got a new life. “I want to go to the Kentucky Derby and the US Masters, the Melbourne Cup. I want to visit vineyards in Tuscany and France.” Besides, with United having given Moyes a six-year contract on Ferguson’s recommendation, he is hardly likely to sanction a change so quickly after he spent 26 years in the job. “I believe in building a football club rather than building a football team,” he said. “I can understand coaches who concentrate on building a football team because it gives them a job. “It’s a results industry. “You only have to look at Paolo Di Canio last week, five to six games into his first season at Sunderland, they allow him to spend £19 million and then sack him. “To me, there is no evidence that that is going to bring success.” Ferguson also revealed he was asked to manage Chelsea by Roman Abramovich not long after the Russian had taken over at Stamford Bridge and praised Wayne Rooney for his return to form, although he did not retract his previous claim the striker had asked for a move in the summer. “He has people who advise him and that’s where all that’s coming from,” said Ferguson. “At that particular moment he wasn’t doing particularly well. “But now we see him today, he’s got his energy back. And he’s doing great.” Ferguson also spoke positively about David Beckham, even though he would have preferred the former England skipper to have avoided the celebrity culture he became so synonymous with. “His focus changed,” said Ferguson. “He got drawn into that celebrity status. “I don’t think he could listen. He just said “I’m in love”. There is nothing you can do with that. And therefore he lost the focus. “But how can you argue with life? He’s an icon for young people; represents himself the proper way. And, I say, well done.” Press Association The Scot has been heavily criticised in recent years for not speaking out against the controversial American family, whose leveraged takeover of the club has cost an estimated £680million in associated costs. Yet even now he has retired – with no intention of returning – Ferguson is still speaking positively on the family’s behalf. “There is a misconception about the Glazers buying the club,” he said. “It created hostility and different factions but you forget, the minute it became a PLC someone was going to buy it. “The Glazers did buy it. And in my time with them – they were nothing but supportive – very strong, single-minded people but always supportive of the manager and the things that happen in the club. “I’ve absolutely no hesitation in supporting the way they’re going about the job – very low key.” Ferguson was speaking exclusively to US TV network PBS. In a wide-ranging interview, the Scot confirmed his belief David Moyes was the right man to replace him. And clearly there will be no going back on that decision. “I’m not interested in managing again or getting myself worked up about Manchester United’s results,” said the 71-year-old.
On Wednesday morning, Dino Babers spoke publicly for the first time since two of his players were allegedly stabbed by former teammate Naesean Howard on Saturday evening. The first-year SU head coach said defensive back Chauncey Scissum is still in the hospital and he hopes that Scissum will be released later this week, while defensive back Corey Winfield was released on Monday.In response to an article posted on Syracuse.com Wednesday morning that cited a source saying Babers told the team to not wear any Syracuse gear in public since Howard’s “people” may still be lurking around campus, Babers heavily refuted that.“The thing about the meeting was correct. Everything else written in the article was incorrect and inaccurate,” Babers said. “I actually told them to put their Syracuse ‘S’ on and wear it proudly around campus.”Babers confirmed that earlier in the year, Howard approached him in the parking lot adjacent to Manley Field House and started a conversation. The head coach said Howard said, “’Hey, I would like to join the football team,’” to which Babers responded, “’Who are you?’”Babers then told Howard he had to go through a standard background check for walk-ons in order to be given a shot, but eventually that background check wasn’t satisfactory enough for the new staff to offer Howard a chance to walk on.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text“Everybody has a right to change … but patterns are something that you try to stay away from and we just decided as a staff the pattern was too strong,” Babers said. “It’s not a right to be on a football team … it’s a privilege.”MORE COVERAGE:Witness details alleged stabbing, South Campus partyDefensive back Corey Winfield out of hospital 2 days after stabbing incidentCourt documents: Naesean Howard stabbed SU football players multiple times The Tuesday morning meeting with the team wasn’t prompted by the stabbing, Babers said, and that he holds a meeting at 8 a.m. every Tuesday in the offseason. This one just happened to be the first after Winfield and Scissum were allegedly stabbed and there were no specific safety instructions given based on Saturday evening’s events.“You can’t live life looking over your shoulder,” Babers said. “I think these young men will be just fine.”Howard is due back in court at 10 a.m. on Friday. Both players he allegedly stabbed are doing well, Babers said, and when asked about Howard, Babers never mentioned him by name.“It’s a blessing both of these young men are still with us,” Babers said. Comments Published on April 20, 2016 at 12:03 pm Contact Matt: email@example.com | @matt_schneidman Facebook Twitter Google+ Related Stories Witness details alleged stabbing, South Campus partySyracuse DB Corey Winfield out of the hospital 2 days after allegedly being stabbed by former teammateCourt documents: Naesean Howard stabbed SU football players multiple timesSyracuse football DBs Corey Winfield and Chauncey Scissum allegedly stabbed by former teammate Naesean Howard