10 months agoInter Milan captain Icardi: Beating Udinese sends right message

first_imgAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Inter Milan captain Icardi: Beating Udinese sends right messageby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveInter Milan captain Mauro Icardi was pleased with their 1-0 win over Udinese.The result was welcomed by Icardi after they were dumped out of the Champions League.“We had to send a signal after Tuesday’s game, as we were disappointed by what happened, but knew we were still here in Serie A and can catch the teams ahead of us,” Icardi told Sky Sport Italia.“We can forget about the Champions League by winning the next games and end 2018 in the best way we can.“I took the penalty like that because I needed to shake things up a bit. I’ve already taken penalties in every which way, so I decided this was the right time. As long as it’s a goal, that’s all that matters.” last_img read more


10 months ago​Monaco boss Henry: I talk to Fabregas every two, three days

first_img​Monaco boss Henry: I talk to Fabregas every two, three daysby Ansser Sadiq10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveMonaco boss Thierry Henry has admitted that he would be interested in Cesc Fabregas.It has been suggested in the British and French press that Fabregas is set to leave Chelsea, with a multi-year deal with Monaco touted as the most likely option.And the French club’s manager, who only took over the job earlier this season, would like to have Fabregas in his team.But he has not given any indication that a deal is set to be completed.”You saw like me, there was a standing ovation, tears,” Henry said of Fabregas to reporters. “Since I left Arsenal we talk every two or three days. It hasn’t changed in the last few days. He’s a player that interests all clubs.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more


a month agoChelsea 2019 is the new Class of 92′ – Cascarino

first_imgAbout the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your say Chelsea 2019 is the new Class of 92′ – Cascarinoby Ansser Sadiqa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Chelsea striker Tony Cascarino is hyping up the club’s youngsters as they continue to produce on the pitch.The likes of Mason Mount and Tammy Abraham are starting to reward Frank Lampard’s faith in their talent.With Callum Hudson-Odoi and Ruben Loftus-Cheek to come into the team, Cascarino believes the Blues have a core of great young players.He is even comparing them to Manchester United’s famous Class of 92, which included the likes of David Beckham, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes.He told talkSPORT: “When we had the ‘Class of ’92’ at Manchester United we applauded them for bringing all these young players through.”Fergie (Sir Alex Ferguson) was very fortunate to have such a group of players coming through at the same time.”I’ve always been frustrated of Chelsea having so much success in the youth system but never having that conveyor belt of bringing those players through into the first team.”Tammy was one of a good number of players who probably wouldn’t have been in the team if Chelsea had a transfer budget. They probably wouldn’t have been anywhere near the first team, Tammy would have gone on loan somewhere else.”So let’s give Lampard some credit here because he has got choices at Chelsea, their squad is big enough not to play these young players. Olivier Giroud could easily have played at centre-forward [against Wolves].”At the start of the season it probably would have been Giroud first choice, Michy Batshuayi second and Tammy third, but Tammy has become the number one choice in a matter of three games. That’s credit to him but also the manager, because Frank has chosen to make that decision.”Then you’ve got Mason Mount, Callum Hudson-Odoi waiting in the wings and Ruben Loftus-Cheek who is older than the others but you’d like to think he’ll play a lot this season.”I’ve always thought it would have been such a mistake to have had all these great academy players and them not to have some sort of say in Chelsea’s future in the next five years, so I’m delighted.” last_img read more


12 days agoArsenal striker Aubameyang determined to win over Gabon fans

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Arsenal striker Aubameyang determined to win over Gabon fansby Paul Vegas12 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveArsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is determined to “change this image” Gabon fans have of him.Aubameyang, 30, has a point to prove to his nation after coming in from the cold to play for Gabon this week.Aubameyang scored as his country secured a late win over Burkina Faso in a friendly played just outside of Paris.It was his first game for Gabon since March – a 1-1 draw with Burundi – and only his fifth match since January 2017.In 2018, national chiefs claimed Aubameyang’s father had been named joint-coach of the team – but the Arsenal man slammed them on social media, calling it untrue.That prompted a self-imposed exile by the Arsenal striker – with the striker also citing players’ treatment and welfare as a cause for concern.In the process, he snubbed national team call-ups and ultimately considered retiring from international football.Now back with Gabon under new manager Patrice Neveu, Aubameyang revealed: “I’m vengeful. Things haven’t gone well lately [at international level].”I want to change this image of me that I might have with the national team.”I would rather show another side as a player in terms of performances.” last_img read more


Photo: Chad Kelly Is Practicing At Ole Miss Facility

first_imgChad Kelly practices at Ole Miss.While there hasn’t been any kind of official update from Ole Miss regarding quarterback Chad Kelly’s status with the team, Rebels fans were given a decent clue Tuesday night. Kelly, who ran into a bit of legal trouble up in Buffalo, New York, back in December, took to Instagram to post a photo of himself practicing inside the school’s Manning Center with two teammates – Tony Bridges and Derrick Jones.Assuming Kelly’s status on the team remains unchanged, he’s expected to compete for a starting job in 2015. He began his career with Clemson back in 2012 before transferring to East Mississippi Community College this past season.last_img read more


Columbus Dispatch Posts Letters From Ohio State Fans Trashing Police Who Stopped J.T. Barrett

first_imgOhio State fan defending JT Barrett with newspaper article.ohio state fans defending jt barrettOhio State quarterback J.T. Barrett’s citation for operating a motor vehicle while impaired is a serious issue. But apparently, a few Buckeyes supporters are upset with the police for their decision to uphold the law.Sunday morning, The Columbus Dispatch’s Todd Jones posted a few letters that his publication received in response to the news. They’re a good reminder that “fan” is short for “fanatic.”Letters to the Columbus Dispatch regarding J.T. Barrett being cited for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. pic.twitter.com/edI25P5hMe— Todd Jones (@Todd_Jones) November 8, 2015To be clear, Ohio State isn’t the only fan base with members who think their players should be given preferential treatment – it happens everywhere.last_img read more


Videos: Cam Newton May Have Walked Out Of Press Conference Due To Nearby Chris Harris Presser

first_imgcam newton press conference super bowlTwitter/@bmweezy13Even the biggest Cam Newton supporters can admit that yesterday’s Super Bowl wasn’t his finest moment. The NFL MVP failed to dive for a fumble with his Carolina Panthers down just six points late in the game, and afterwards, he left his press conference after a few minutes and few substantive answers. Obviously, Cam wasn’t thrilled after losing the biggest game of his career, but that may not be the only reason for his quick presser exit.Video shows that Denver Broncos cornerback Chris Harris was giving his own conference near by, and some of his comments may have caused Cam to leave so abruptly.It appears Cam Newton was irritated by Chris Harris’ nearby presser. May have led to him walking out of his presser. pic.twitter.com/kLpSTrtY14— Cameron Wolfe (@CameronWolfe) February 8, 2016Here’s another video, with more clear audio:THIS is why Cam walked out (listen to what’s being said in the background). pic.twitter.com/6LdLFwv8tj— Brian (@bmweezy13) February 8, 2016Harris was discussing the Broncos’ gameplan, during which he openly questions Newton’s ability to throw the ball on Denver’s fantastic secondary.That was Chris Harris talking in the background. Here’s the full quote. pic.twitter.com/ifTVQKWHF5— Brian (@bmweezy13) February 8, 2016This doesn’t excuse Newton, but again, it was probably the most difficult moment of his career, and he had to sit there while a player that just beat him is loudly discussing his failures as a quarterback. Most of us probably wouldn’t have handled the situation any better. Newton will learn from yesterday’s game, and the criticism that came from the events afterward.last_img read more


USMNT defender Zimmerman signs new LAFC deal

first_imgLos Angeles FC has announced that the club has signed defender Walker Zimmerman to a new four-year contract. The club used targeted allocation money to sign the 25-year-old, who saw his previous deal expire at the end of the 2018 season. Zimmerman explored offers overseas, but ultimately chose to return to LAFC.   Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? “Walker has emerged as one of the top center backs in MLS, and we are incredibly pleased to agree to a new, long-term deal that will keep him in Los Angeles for the foreseeable future,” LAFC general manager John Thorrington said in a club release. Zimmerman has played six MLS seasons, five of which were spent with FC Dallas and the sixth with LAFC in its expansion 2018 campaign.  “I could not be more excited to continue my career with LAFC and build on what the group accomplished in our first year,” Zimmerman said. “I would like to thank the club for wanting me to be a part of the future here in Los Angeles, and I can’t wait to get started again.” The 6-foot-3 center back has earned four caps with the U.S. national team and is currently with Gregg Berhalter’s side for its annual January camp.  The LA Galaxy, LAFC’s in-town rivals, also inked a defender to a new deal announced on Tuesday, with Rolf Feltscher signing a new contract with the club.  The 28-year old has signed on for his second season with the club as they look to rebound from a poor 2018 showing.  “We are pleased to have Rolf return to our backline,” LA Galaxy general manager Dennis te Kloese said in a team release. “He brings depth, stability, and versatility to our defense and we look forward to his contributions to the LA Galaxy in the upcoming season.” Feltscher started 15 games for the Galaxy last season following his move to MLS last winter.  The Venezuelan spent the majority of his career before MLS playing for various European teams in Germany, Italy and Spain.last_img read more


Expected Weather For Saturday’s Ohio State-Michigan Game

first_imgOhio State and Michigan play in some bad weather.What’s the forecast projecting for Saturday afternoon in Columbus?Ohio State and Michigan are set to meet in Columbus on Saturday for what’s likely the biggest game in the rivalry since 2006. The 10-1 Buckeyes and 10-1 Wolverines are, basically, playing for a College Football Playoff berth.The scene will be unreal, and it looks like the weather should be pretty perfect, too.From Weather.com:Cloudy skies. High 47F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.So basically we’re looking at an overcast sky with temperatures in the 40s and very little wind.That’ll do.last_img read more


Sampdoria manager Giampaolo departs amidst Milan rumours

first_imgMarco Giampaolo has moved a step closer to becoming AC Milan’s new head coach after leaving Serie A rivals Sampdoria.The 51-year-old has been heavily linked with the vacancy at San Siro following Gennaro Gattuso’s departure last month.Giampaolo joined Sampdoria in 2016 from Empoli and guided them to 11th, 10th and ninth-place finishes respectively during his three seasons at the club. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? He had been contracted until June 2020, but the club confirmed on Saturday that he has left the Stadio Luigi Ferraris along with his backroom staff.Giampaolo told the club’s official website: “I thank the president and everyone at Sampdoria for three incredible seasons.“I had a good time in Genoa, and we had a good time together.”My thanks to all the managers, collaborators, employees and players of the club. You remain in my heart like all Sampdoria fans.”Sampdoria president Massimo Ferrero went on to add: “We thank Marco for the three seasons with us.“We grew up together, we enjoyed a lot of satisfaction and now we wish him good luck for the continuation of his career.”📄 #Sampdoria say thank you and farewell to Marco #Giampaolo after mutual agreement to end contract ➡️ https://t.co/DZt5bI2MXb pic.twitter.com/vU2HIDsM4F— Sampdoria English (@sampdoria_en) June 15, 2019If Giampaolo does join Milan, he will link-up with legendary defender Paolo Maldini and Zvonimir Boban, who were named as the club’s new technical director and chief football officer respectively on Friday.I Rossoneri have been on the lookout for a new man at the helm after Gattuso announced his departure following the club’s failure to qualify for 2019/20 UEFA Champions League as they finished fifth.Giampaolo will have the tough task of leading Milan back to their glory days on his hands, with the red and black half of the San Siro not seeing success in the league since winning the Scudetto in 2011.The Italian spent one season with Empoli prior to joining Sampdoria, taking the club to a 10th-place finish in Serie A.He is set to become Milan’s eighth manager in just over five years and will hope to avoid becoming the latest casualty in the merry go-round, with only Vincenzo Montella winning silverware in 2016 in the form of the Italian Super Cup.last_img read more